Monday, October 29, 2012


Blessed Sunday! 

Today I was witness to a precious blessing as Bruce and Geni sang in worship at Advent.  It was confirmation Sunday and they sang a beautiful song while a slide show of pictures of the confirmands from infancy to now. There was not a dry eye in the house including mine. 

Travis and Sarah returned home safely from Oklahoma. We are giving thanks to God for their safe return home.

Prayer: “Lord, I thank You for a new day.  While I do not know the challenges or struggles this day may bring, I choose now to trust in You. I may encounter people who need attention, or problems that need to be solved. Use me to interject the joy of Jesus into each situation. Amen.”

“Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
Matthew 5: 12

Joy is the enjoyment of the good things from God.  Not everything that we experience is a good thing.  I do not believe that disasters in health, relationships or nature all happen for a reason. What I do believe is that the “joy” we experience is in our response to God’s working within the difficult times.  Real joy is in our personal relationship with Christ. Joy is the byproduct of our faith in believing One who will never leave us or forsake us. When we rest in God’s care we will find ways to rejoice and be exceedingly glad. 

I know I have shared this before, but Satan attacks us through our joy.  Satan will try to steal our joy.  When we believe that true joy comes from the good things from the hand of God then Satan will walk away empty handed.  When we think of all of the good things that have come from God and all of the good things that God has planned for us then the joy of God overflows.  We cannot experience true joy apart from God. So…

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes, wear a jacket and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Thank you for your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer request:  I am preparing my first sermon for Rush Creek which I will present on Nov. 11.  I would ask your prayers that the Holy Spirit will guide my mouth, my heart and my head to prepare and deliver a sermon that would be worthy of preaching and hearing.  Peace, gc


No comments: