Wednesday, October 24, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

All news is good from Memphis. Dale came through his surgery with flying colors and the doc saying “that is the worst knee I have ever seen.”  Keep praying. Thanks.

Prayer: “Thank You, Lord, for another amazing day. With eyes wide open, help me to see this world of wonders You have created. I pray that the gifts You have entrusted to me will be received with wonder because they are stamped with Your touch. Amen.”

“But You are God, ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, abundant in kindness, and did not forsake them.”
Nehemiah 9: 17c

Did you ever wonder how we get the gifts and talents we have?  Each of us has special gifts and talents that have been given to us by God to be used for His glory and in His service.  I am personally aware of my inabilities, and yet I am confident in God’s ability to strengthen those abilities that need work.  I have been going through a writing slump lately in my seminary writing.  I love to write, but I have not been able to think as clearly as I need and do my best work.  Finally I prayed about this and as soon as I asked God to help me my spirit felt lighter and my thinking became clearer.  God is gracious and merciful and abundant in kindness when we are in need.  God did not forsake me, I just had not asked God to partner with me and help me to do my best work.  I am still no great academic writer, but one of the gifts God gave me was the ability to pray.  I think I had forgotten to pray about what was going on and to ask God for help.  Some of my joy has returned and I am reclaiming my writing skills.  I am not perfect, but I am feeling renewed.

May the renewing God speak to your spirit and help you in gracious, merciful and ways of kindness. 

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: