Tuesday, October 23, 2012


Happy Monday! 

My day began with taking my granddaughterdog to the vet for a procedure.  She did perfectly and all is well. I have ended my day after completing a paper for supervised ministry. I sent it to Bruce who said he would work on it while Dale is in surgery.  Please offer your prayers that this paper does what it needs to do to move me forward in this process.

Another prayer request: Our dear friend Dave Russell was discovered to have nodules on his thyroid.  One of the nodules has required a biopsy. They should know something in about a week.  Please keep them in your prayers.

One more:  My advisor from Brite announced his retirement today.  His wife has accepted a pastorate in Minnesota to begin in January.  They are both wonderful people with great ministries.  Please pray for God’s continued guidance and Brite’s search for a new resident minister and advisor.

Prayer:  “Lord, this is the day You have made, and I’m going to rejoice and be glad in it. I have reason to rejoice, because You have taken me out of darkness into Your marvelous light. Help me today to extend the same forgiveness to others as You have so freely given me, and please guard me from anything that might become a root of bitterness in my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen”

“As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.”
Psalm 103: 12

There is a song by Casting Crowns that poses the question “Just how far is the east from the west?” The recipe for bitterness is unforgiveness.  God does not treat us with unforgiveness or bitterness. God forgives and forgets. We have a merciful God who forgives us for the asking and then promptly forgets. 

Do you ever get unwanted emails? I do sometimes.  When I get emails I do not wish to read I simply delete them and they are erased.  That is how God’s forgiveness works. We ask to be forgiven and God forgives and deletes our sin from the record.  If God deletes our sin why would we ever keep a record of those who sin against us? 

The answer to the question from Casting Crowns, “Just how far is the east from the west?”  is “From one scarred hand to the other.”  We are compelled to forgive others as Christ has forgiven us.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: