Monday, September 10, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

Today, another Brite student and I were commissioned as interns for Rush Creek Christian Church.  I am looking forward to getting to know this congregation and working with them in the ministries of Rush Creek. 

Prayer:  “Lord, I love You.  Help me to live this day completely dependent on You.  Keep pride and arrogance from entering my heart.  With a humble, thankful heart I place my life in Your hands. Use my life for Your glory. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

“Behold the proud, his soul is not upright in him; but the just shall live by his faith.”
Habakkuk 2: 4

You know, Christians are just different folks.  We Christians are not perfect or better than anyone else.  Many people of this world might think these things and if we think these things then all we carry around with us is pride.  There is no room in our lives for destructive pride.  The thing that sets Christians apart from the rest of the world is faith.  The faith of a Christian believer is rooted in one thing and one thing only: Galatians 2: 20 “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

Our sin was crucified that day on Calvary’s hill and we continue to confess and die to our sin each day so that we remain faithful to Christ. Each time we confess our sin it is an act of faith that brings new life.  We no longer live alone because more of Christ lives within us and we become more complete in our faith and love of God through Christ. 

Everyone lives a life of faith.  Some people place their faith in money, business, jobs or other things of this earth, but Christian believers place our faith in the unfailing promise of the crucified  and risen Christ.

So here is the question for the day…Where to do you place your faith?

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: