Saturday, September 15, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Prayer:  “You, God are worthy of praise.  You are seated on Your throne in power, glory, splendor and majesty.  Even now the angels are declaring Your holiness; those around the throne sing Your praise.  I bless You for Your mercy that endures and Your Spirit that empowers. Be glorified in my life, oh God. Amen.”

“So Jesus answered and said to them, ‘Have faith in God.’”
Mark 11: 22

Don’t you just love a passage of scripture that just gets right to the message?  This simple scripture is spoken after Peter notices the withered fig tree that Jesus had cursed.  Jesus says to Peter, “Have faith in God.”

Faith by itself will never be as important as the object of our faith.  Sometimes faith is placed in the wrong places for faith is only as valuable as the value of its object. 

Jesus uses these words to teach the disciples about the power of faith.  Jesus further tells them that faith has the power to move mountains and toss them into the sea.  I love the way my meditation tonight says, “Faith also has the power to capture God’s attention in our prayers.” Verse 24 says, “Therefore I say to you, whatever you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” I do not think that God wants us to think of our faith as a vending machine, but what I do think is that it calls us to ask ourselves “How much faith do we really have?”  The potential of a life of faith is limitless.  So why do we pray such little prayers to such a big God?  The Lord of heaven, the Creator of all things has unlimited resources.  The storehouse of God is without end.

“Faith believes when there is no sight.” Faith calls us to be willing to be obedient when we really do not want to follow the path.  Faith forgives and makes us free to take risks and then lifts us up when we fail.  Faith allows us to love those we find unlovable.  This kind of faith only has power when it is founded in God and God alone. 

Take joy in this journey of faith.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert:  Tatum Kate finished up her chemo this week. Radiation is the next step and begins in the near future.

Also, I have my second ordination interview on Monday afternoon at 3:15.  I ask for your prayers as I continue on this journey of faith.  Peace, gc

No comments: