Friday, September 14, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Prayer:  “Dear God, Your Word teaches that faith is the catalyst of a life well lived. With that in mind, I ask You to strengthen my faith. Amen.”

“Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.”
Romans 3: 28

The prophet Job asked the question, “How then can a man be righteous before God?”  (Job 25: 4) The greatest lie Satan ever tells is that man and women have the ability to make themselves acceptable to God.  Paul is very clear on this point.  He states that the only way we become righteous is by faith.  In one verse Paul eliminates works, good intentions, rituals, religious exercises or anything else we can think of to do in hopes of bringing ourselves before God as worthy of salvation.  Paul repeatedly says that salvation is of the Lord and there is nothing we can contribute.  Salvation is by God’s mercy, by God’s grace, the result of a divine relationship and a relational encounter with Jesus Christ founded on faith. God is the author and creator of our faith and desires a divine encounter with us through faith.

God views our faith as righteousness.  Faith is not a human work—but a divine gift.  It is God’s grace that makes faith possible.  The greatest power of faith is seen in justification.  Justification is the act by faith which gives us, as sinners, a righteous standing before a holy God.  Praise God for every good and perfect gift especially the gift of faith!

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: