Wednesday, September 12, 2012


Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: "Lord, it is with a grateful heart that I wish to say thank You for Your grace.  Your heart beats to the tune of grace and I worship You for that truth. You deserve my best today, because You gave Your best on the Cross.  Amen."

"That no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for the just shall live by faith.  Yet the law is not of faith, but the man who does them shall live by them."
Galatians 3: 11, 12

We are studying Paul in my New Testament class.  This week we have been studying Romans. Last week we studied Galatians.  Paul wrote this letter to the Galatians because they were trying to gain salvation through the Torah Law. The Torah pointed out the sinfulness of the Jews.  The Torah was more of a “works” instead of “grace” path of salvation.  The only way we become right with God is through faith in Jesus and because of Jesus' faithfulness to God. Thankfully, God sent Jesus to intervene for us that we might become righteous.  

My meditation tonight made this statement, "On the Cross, God treated Jesus as if He had lived our sinful lives so that by faith in Christ, His righteousness could be credited to our account.  This results in God now treating us as if we had lived Christ's perfect life."  Our faith must solely rely on Christ because Christ did what the Law could never do which is to bring someone into right standing before a holy God.  This is salvation by grace alone, faith alone and in Christ alone.

Take joy in this journey of faith!  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


Prayer requests:  Next Monday is my second ordination interview.  I ask your prayers as I continue in this journey of faith. 

Also, Fran Welch, the cousin of our sister in law, is battling cancer and will be spending some time at MD Anderson in the near future. Please offer prayers of healing, peace and strength for she and her husband. Thanks, gc

No comments: