Wednesday, September 12, 2012


Happy Wednesday! 

Prayer:  “Lord, My heart is to worship You in spirit and truth.  I want not only my words to glorify You, but my very life itself to bring You glory.  Lord, You are the creator of life, the author of salvation, the sustainer of all that is, and You are my Savior.  I love You and desire to serve You. Amen.”

“For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything; the only thing that counts is faith working through love.
Galatians 5: 6

For the Jews circumcision was the outward and visible sign of their covenant relationship with God.  The issue of circumcision created a great deal of drama among the first century church and a special council was convened to resolve this issue.  The outcome was that salvation was by faith alone.  The religious rules had tried to effect change from the outside in, but faith in Christ effected change in people from the inside out.  It was faith in God that made people right with God and not any outward sign or work they could do. 

There are those who still try to substitute works for faith instead of doing works because of their faith.  We as believers do not perform good works in order to be saved, we perform good works because we have been saved by the love and grace of Jesus and anything we do to further the kingdom of God is a reflection of our faith.  Real faith produces results because faith produces action. 

Take joy in this journey of faith!  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: