Saturday, September 8, 2012


Happy Saturday!!

All I can say is GO FROGS!!  What a decisive win over Grambling! 

I finished my Theology of Ministry paper today and it is ready for my editor.  It is due on Wednesday to the Supervised Ministry office at Brite. 

Prayer:  “Lord, I love You.  Thank you for giving me the strength this day to live for You. I give myself to You and depend on the strength of Your might for each moment.  Be glorified in me today.  In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.”

“Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power.”
2 Thessalonians 1: 11

Travis currently holds the American record for the deadlift in his age group (21-23).  He works really hard and trains each day. He lifts these huge amounts of weight by himself, but he does not do this alone.  He works with a trainer who stands nearby teaching, encouraging and correcting so that he will lift these huge weights correctly while increasing the amount of the weights as his strength increases.  Travis has enough discipline that from time to time he could train on his own, but over a longer period of time he might lose his edge because he did not have the daily encouragement of his trainer.

Travis faces physical weights each day.  But I think there are harder battles out there that are more difficult to fight or lift than the weights that competitors lift.  Ephesians 6: 12 says, “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”  None of us are strong enough to stand up to that kind of battle, however, we should never fear the battle.  God never meant for us to be strong on our own.  We are strongest when we rely on God and work to battle problems, brokenness and weakness in our faith.  Ephesians 6: 10 says, “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.”  Claim this verse when you pray and the brokenness and problems can be turned into victory. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: