Wednesday, September 5, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

It was an amazing worship at Brite Chapel today.  The theme for the day was A Celebration of Sacred Music.  Included in the worship were organ, piano, strings, choir and a vocal solo (Me!).  The preacher was from a church in Weatherford.  He preached on the passage from Acts on the Day of Pentecost.  He had all of us to think about our favorite hymn.  Then he asked us as a congregation to sing that favorite hymn all together.  That may have been what the sound was like on the Day of Pentecost 2000 years ago.  Very cool!!

Also, my Uncle Johnny passed away on Monday morning after battling cancer.  He is survived by my Aunt Linda, Mom’s youngest sister, a son, Danny and daughter, Dani.  They also have three grandchildren.  We will be traveling to Tom Bean, Texas tomorrow for the memorial service.  Johnny is the third member of our family to pass in the last 11months.  I ask your prayers for our family as we mourn this loss.  Thank you.

Prayer: “Father, I love You.  Thank You for being faithful and true. Help me to live this day in faith, not fear. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.”

“God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.”

1 Corinthians 1: 9

As believers in Jesus one of the great things about our relationship with God is that our future is in God’s hands.  We do not fear what we do not know because we know the One who has ownership and authority over the past, present and our future. We may have uncertainties, but there is nothing uncertain to God. The life we live with Jesus models the compassion God has for us through His life, death and resurrection.  The sacrifice of Jesus secured a future in heaven for all who trust in him for forgiveness and salvation. 

In one of my classes today we were discussing the parts of a book we found particularly informative or which struck a chord within us.  In one of the books, one of the quotes by a pastor was, “Salvation happens everytime someone with a key uses it to open a door he could lock.”  This sort of illumined itself on the page for me.  We hold the key for salvation because we know and have a relationship with Jesus.  There are those who do not have that relationship and we can offer them the key to salvation.  We can offer to someone who does not have a relationship with Jesus our own story of how Jesus is a part of our lives.  We don’t have to be great scholars, or evangelists or even prophets. We just need to offer the key.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: