Monday, September 3, 2012


Happy Monday and happy Labor Day! 

My Uncle Johnny passed away this morning after a relatively brief battle with lung cancer.  I ask your prayers for his wife, my Aunt Linda, their children, Danny and Dani and their grandchildren. Danny lives here in the metroplex and Dani and her children live in Atlanta. We will be attending the memorial service on Wednesday in Tom Bean, Texas. All of our family will miss him and will be in support of Aunt Linda and the kids. 

Prayer:  Lord, I am grateful that despite the pull of this world, I can walk in the faith given by you as a gift from the cross of Calvary.  Teach me how to live in this victory and share it with my world. Amen.

“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.”
1 John 5: 4

Life is too short to live as a victim.  Because of the crucified Christ, Christians live in victory. We need not ever fear death or the difficult circumstances of life.  Yes, we live in the world, but we do not have to be of this world in the way we think and act.  Believers don’t overcome the world through fighting, we overcome the world by faith.  This faith accepts all of the promises and claims of Christ causing us to commit our whole lives and serve Jesus as Lord. 

Because we are victors we no longer take the victim stance.  On the cross, Christ took away our condemnation and created us to be overcomers. We can resist the worldly mentality of negative talk and live in daily victory by keeping our minds on Christ, staying full of God’s Word and being led by the Holy Spirit.  We can stay in the battle with the absolute assurance and complete certainty that the ultimate victory is eternal life in Jesus Christ!

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS  Tomorrow I will be singing special music during Brite Chapel service.  This is my first time to sing for this group.  The congregation is made up of students, professors, TCU folks, alumni and other worshipers.  I am really excited.  Please pray for this wonderful worship tomorrow.  Peace, gc

No comments: