Friday, August 3, 2012


Happy Friday! 

I took a half day off today.  I got my nails done, made a quick trip to the TCU Bookstore, got the car cleaned up, ordered pizza for dinner and got my hair done.  It felt like a regular life for a few hours.

Travis, Geni and another friend left for Austin today.  Travis is competing in a power lifting competition tomorrow.  Bruce and I are driving down in the morning and back home late tomorrow evening!  Please pray travel mercy for us and please pray that Travis does not injure himself during the competition.

Our beloved daughter turns 25 on Monday.  I am on call at Huguley, Bruce is working, Travis is working and Geni is working.  So we are celebrating in either Austin or San Antonio on Saturday afternoon.  Carme and Dave are joining us in Austin for the competition.  I cannot wait!

Prayer:  “Father, thank You for my health.  Help me today to show my gratitude. May I be sensible to those around me who do not enjoy good health.  Help me to be a blessing to those who are physically handicapped and to those who are sick. Let someone cross my path today who needs a word of encouragement so I can share this prayer.  I pray this prayer in faith, believing that what I have asked will come about. Amen.”

And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up.”
James 5: 15a

I pray with folks throughout each day. I always pray a prayer of healing and a restoration to wellness.  Sometimes those who are Christians are restored to wellness on the earth.  Sometimes there are Christians who die shortly after the prayer has been prayed. The other night I was privileged to pray for a woman at the request of her best friend. I was a few sentences into the prayer and the patient passed away gently and peacefully as I was praying. It was such a precious moment. 

The most important thing to remember about prayer is to pray in faith.  This is a prayer of more than just words.  It is a prayer born out of a relationship with God through Christ Jesus. Prayer comes from a heart that believes.  Jesus taught us to pray believing.

So let us pray prayer in faith, said through our relationship with God. praying in faith and believing in God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Say an extra prayer for the Chrysties as we journey to Austin and beyond.  Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: