Monday, August 6, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all! 

Saturday was a most eventful and joy filled day.  Bruce and I drove to Austin to watch and cheer Travis in a power lifting meet.  He beat his own record with a lift of 765 pounds!  WOW!  He was cheered on by his team mates, Bruce, me, Geni and a young lady Travis has been seeing.  The young lady traveled down with Geni and Travis.  Also, our oldest and dearest friends, Carme and David Russell aka Travis’ god parents drove up to support him in the competition. 

After the meet we all drove to San Antonio to celebrate Geni’s 25th birthday at our favorite restaurant on the River Walk - Mad Dogs.  It is a British Pub with great food and a fun atmosphere and the best ribeye I have ever eaten.  We told our server that we drove all the way from Arlington just to eat at this restaurant and the manager came over and comped our desserts.  Bruce and I drove back last night.  The kids drove in today.  We had a great time.

Prayer:  “Father, thank You that I can come into Your presence anytime.  There is no problem that will come my way today that will be too big or too small for You.  Thank You for allowing me the privilege of casting every care on You.  Would You please fill me with Your Holy Spirit? May Your Son be seen by my words and deeds.  May my disposition reflect the presence of Jesus in my heart. Thank You for this day. Amen.”

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”
Philippians 4: 6

I had a melt down today.  I looked at my schedule for the week and found that I have three “on calls” this week; tomorrow (Monday), Wednesday and Saturday.  Then, in worship, we sang All to Jesus I Surrender and Breathe.  I am at a point in this extraordinary journey of CPE where I am tired of being tired!  So if you combine being tired, anticipating a potentially exhausting week and being in the presence of music directly relating to Casey…the emotional melt down was in the air. Please pray for me this week.

My meditation tonight says that people who are great worriers do not have a good prayer life.  If you do not have God in your life I guess there would be a lot for which to worry.  But because we are children of God and adopted into His family we are NEVER out of God’s presence, love and care.  We do not need to live in fear and we are encouraged by our Creator, God, to bring our circumstances before Him.  The scripture passage says, “let your requests be made known to God.”    

So this morning as I was having this melt down I began to pray that my spirits would be lifted by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Here was my answer:  “Gaylene, Thank you for making your request known to Me and I promised strength for the day.”  God welcomed me into His presence and listened to my plea for help.  I felt better, got a brief nap this afternoon and actually got a bit of studying done. 

The blood of Jesus provided the access into the heart of God and into His presence.  This is great reason for us to give thanks that God hears and answers our prayers.  “Why worry when you can pray?”

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

FYI:  12  days of  CPE left. And Geni’s actual birthday is Monday, August  6.  Please wish her a Happy Birthday.

No comments: