Wednesday, August 8, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

I actually had dinner with Bruce tonight in our house!!! Those times have been few and far between over the last nine weeks.  I have the remainder of this week and next week and I will have completed my unit of CPE. 

Today was the last day I would be leading worship so Bruce and I presented a mini concert for our worship at the hospital this morning.  It was wonderful to sing together again.

I am “on call” at JPS tomorrow night and that will be my last “on call” at JPS.  I have two more “on calls” at Huguley and “on call” will be finished.  Please continue to keep me in your prayers as I wind up this most extraordinary adventure in learning. 

Prayer: “Lord, help me to walk in a balance of grace and truth today. Strengthen my health so I may serve You.  Give me this day my daily needs and prosper my finances so that I may serve You with the first fruits of all You have given me. Amen.”

“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.”
3 John 2

I am based in a Seventh Day Adventist hospital for this unit of CPE.  There is a strong element of healthy eating and exercise in the Seventh Day Adventist doctrine.  Each day when I go to lunch there is always a wonderful healthy salad bar with delicious soups and loaded with fresh fruit and vegetables. There is a vegetarian selection of protein as well as a meat protein section in the hot lunch offerings.  The hospital campus has a large fully equipped fitness center and a walking track outside. So there are many opportunities to prosper good health.

But how do we prosper our souls?  Are we growing in the knowledge of the Lord? 

Here are some ways we can prosper our souls.  Let God speak to our lives each day by reading His Word.  Let us spend time each day in close communion with God through prayer and let us ask God to prosper our souls through giving thanks for the receiving of His blessings.  Then let us use His blessings for His glorious purpose. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. (Forgive me, but I never sleep at JPS) Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer alert:  My supervising teacher in CPE has a daughter who is my age. She was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.  The cancer began in her breast and has spread to her lymph nodes.  I do not know her name, but God knows her name. Please keep her in your prayers.  I will keep you updated as more details become available.  Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Peace, gc

No comments: