Monday, July 30, 2012

Blessed Sunday to you all. 

This morning Bruce, Geni and I worshiped at Cochran Chapel United Methodist Church in Dallas.  A peer of mine from Brite is the Music Minister there and he asked me to sing.  I sang this awesome arrangement of “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee.” 

The sanctuary was most amazing.  I walked into the sanctuary and it looked so very much like the sanctuary in the Methodist Church in Howe, Texas.  The stained glass windows were beautiful and in the style of the ones I grew up looking at.  The colors and shape of the sanctuary were remarkably similar.  It was a wonderful worship experience.

Prayer: “Good morning, Lord. Speak to me today; Your servant is listening. My heart is open, and my ears are ready to hear You today. Give me the power to not only hear You but also obey You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

“Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
Mark 11: 24

There is nothing that is out of the bounds in praying to God.  God is who He is and can do what He says He can do.  God hears all of our prayers and the answers are yes, no and wait.  Whatever the answers are, they are by His will and not ours.  In the study of prayer we have been thinking on this week I have learned that God loves it when we talk to Him because it keeps us in contact with Him and furthers our relationship with Him and increases our dependence and faith when we call upon Him. 

When we pray we need to trust in God.  Trusting in God in prayer is a really effective way to pray.  When we trust in our prayer life we are casting our prayers upon the One who hears them and responds to them.  We leave our cares, requests, praises and thanksgiving in His hands trusting that God will act in accordance with His will for our lives.

Have you ever given thanks that God did not give you everything for which you have asked?  Can you imagine the hot messes we would have endured if we were given all for which we have asked?  Kind of makes you glad that God is God and we are not!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: