Saturday, July 28, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

(Note: I didn't get the previous post on the blog until a few minutes ago. Bruce)

Morning began with coffee with Lamar and watching A League of their Own.  A great way to begin the day after being “on call” on Friday.  Thank you all for your continued prayers as I continue in this part of my education.  I counted today and I have 20 more days.

Prayer:  “Dear Lord, I bless You on this morning for being with me all the time.  I thank You that whether I am on the mountaintop or in the valley, You are there.  I pray this morning that I will live out my faith today.  I pray my life will be known as a living testimony for You. May I be able to comprehend the privileges afforded to me by You. Amen.”

“Pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
1 Thessalonians 5: 17, 18

I love to pray.  In the morning as I am driving to the hospital I pray for the day, listen to my devotion and then pray until I get to work.  I get to pray a lot throughout the day as I pray with patients and their families at their bedsides.  The most wonderful thing about prayer is that we can pray anytime about anything.  God gave us this gift of prayer so that we could stay in constant fellowship with Him without interruption.  Prayer is the tool that keeps us continuously aware of God’s presence.  When I am walking to a patient’s room or to the trauma unit I ask God to be there before me. When I step into the room I feel God’s presence within the room and my prayers have more power because the One to Whom I pray is already there. 

When we pray we need to pray with a thankful heart even when we have trouble finding a reason to be thankful.  A thankful heart turns to God because God desires our praise and thanks.  Praying about everything and praying with a thankful heart increases our daily communion and fellowship with God.  God created us to have relationship and fellowship with us.  Let us stay in contact with the One who desires and loves us so very much.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: