Thursday, July 26, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

Prayer:  “Father, this week is Your week. Speak truth and hope into my life. Give me ears to hear You speak. Grant me discipline to open Your Word in order to listen to Your voice. Whatever is before me, give me what I need at that moment. Even now, I listen to You. May You alone be praised. Amen.”

“Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. O anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.”
James 5: 13-14

Effective prayer is a two way street. We talk to God and then we listen to what God is saying to us. Claiming God’s authority in the Word when the needs arise in our day is what we need to do first - not last. The scripture further states that if we are sick then we should call for the elders of the church to come a pray over us.  We don’t always have the opportunity to call church elders, but I think sharing our concerns with others (elders) over illness whether we are ill or someone we care for is ill, increases the prayers and the power of prayer for us.  

I have seen so many doctors and nurses this summer who are willing to join in prayer for and with the patients and who believe that prayer is just as important as medicines, surgeries and treatments.  When we offer prayer we take our illness to the highest place of all.  We take our concerns to the feet of the Father, the place where we receive mercy, comfort, peace and the assurance that God is present and will step in whatever the situation.

We are going to have needs today.  We may have needs right now.  Our pride will try to work our needs out ourselves and our stubbornness will try and wait things out hoping they will get better.  Consider inserting God into the picture.  Begin with God and the Word.  Speak to God about the problem or situation and then listen for an answer.  Trust that the Holy Spirit will intervene. Then watch God work in you to bring peace, comfort and resolution to the situation or problem. 

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: