Tuesday, July 24, 2012


Happy Tuesday! 

My intern supervisor looked at the calendar today and determined that I have four more weeks of CPE to go.  I am at JPS tomorrow evening until 8:00 AM Thursday morning.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support.  They mean so very much. 

Prayer: “Father, You are an awesome God! I give You praise and glory for the powerful moving of Your Holy Spirit within my heart.  You have blessed my life beyond measure. You have endowed me with an abundance of joy and peace.  My cup is running over!  If only I could convey the depths of my soul with others so they, too, might know Your grace and mercy. I praise You in the morning as I look forward to the beauty of this day. Hallelujah!”

“But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.”
1 Corinthians 2: 10

Paul states in this verse that God reveals the deepest hidden truths to those who have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.  We can only come to know God and the meanings of His Word through the Holy Spirit living in us.  The disciples who lived daily with Jesus did not fully understand until the Holy Spirit anointed them on the day of Pentecost.

When we come into relationship with Christ in our salvation we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  I do not mean that we will begin to extraordinary acts of worship or speak in other languages. What I mean is that when we encounter Christ we are given the gift of the Holy Spirit, the very essence of Jesus into our hearts. The more we read the scriptures, the more we spend time in prayer, the more we spend time in the company of believers and the more we  take time to serve others, the more we are able to understand the deep hidden truths of God.  It is through reading, study, worship, fellowship and prayer that the Holy Spirit teaches us about God’s will, the ways of God and God’s plan for our lives. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.



No comments: