Sunday, July 22, 2012


Blessed Sunday to you all!

Prayer:  “As I awake this morning O Lord, I give You praise for another day of life.  Thank You, Father, that I can live for You because Your Son, Jesus, died for me! May my life be a living sacrifice for You, and may my actions glorify Your name. Amen.”

“But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.”
Romans 8: 9

The apostle Paul(Saul) had an up close and personal understanding of this verse.  Saul was well versed and trained in the Law.  He followed and lived his life to the letter of the law with no room for faith experience until he met God on the Damascus Road.  Saul was struck blind by the light of the Holy Spirit. God spoke to him causing him to experience the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  

This was one of those phenomenal experiences that God imposed on (now) Paul. Paul knew the Law better than anyone, but now he had become a new creation in Jesus Christ.  The impact of Christ on his life was so great that he claimed in Galatians “It is no longer I who live, but Christ that lives within me.”  Paul knew that he must empty himself of the flesh to allow the Spirit of Christ to enter in and be made ready for service unto God in Christ Jesus.  

I don’t know how long it took Paul to understand what God wanted him to do with this new knowledge of Christ in his heart and the Holy Spirit guiding his steps but I feel pretty sure when the scales fell from his eyes...he started on his journey of a lifetime.

Take joy in the journey filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: