Saturday, July 21, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Well, I slept in ’til 7:30 this morning.  Had coffee with Lamar and later Geni and I had our nails done.  Good times!

Prayer:  “Lord, as I bow humbly in Your presence, speak to my heart this very moment. Lord, remind me of Your goodness and mercy.  Fill me with Your Holy Spirit power. Open my eyes to the needs and hurts around me. Guide me by Your Spirit to those who are in desperate need of the Savior. Use me as Your vessel to make a difference.  Grant this prayer, O Lord. Amen.”

“The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”
John 3: 8

As a teacher of young children I often used object lessons to explain concepts. The children seemed to understand the concepts better when I put the ideas on their level. 

Jesus was a master teacher.  Jesus used the lesson of the wind to explain how the Holy Spirit works in each of us.  We cannot see the wind, but we can feel its presence and more importantly we can see its after effects as they are highly visible.  The sound of the wind is the creative supernatural force giving evidence of God’s power present all around us.  God breathes His Spirit in each of us.  We can see the effect of His Word and sometimes, when we are very quiet, we can hear it in our prayers.  What we can see is the result of the Holy Spirit’s power when we follow that voice of God. Then our lives are transformed and are witnessed by others in our daily walk with Christ.

Let us continue to keep the families of those affected by the tragedy in Colorado.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: