Thursday, July 19, 2012


Happy Thursday! 

I do not have any more “on calls” until next Wednesday!  I still go into the hospital Friday, Monday, Tuesday and half-a day Wednesday, but I get to go home at 4:30.  Bruce and I had dinner at our own table tonight.  We went to the couch to watch Burn Notice where I promptly fell asleep snuggled next to him.  I love home!!!

Prayer:  Father, thank You for getting me up early this morning to hear from You.  Your Spirit has drawn me to my time of prayer.  Help me today to hear exactly what You have to say to me.  O, Lord, speak Your truth into my heart and grand me wisdom to respond to Your will and direction.  Use me for Your glory and honor.  Than You, heavenly Father, for speaking to  my heart.  I love You and praise Your holy name. Amen.

“These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”
1 Corinthians 2: 13

Do you remember when your children were little and just learning to talk?  They spoke in a language that maybe only you understood and you had to translate words, phrases or needs asked by your young one to anyone not familiar with the child.  The reason we, as parents, can translate is because we live with that little one each day and can usually figure out what the child wants or is trying to say.

God’s Word was written to reveal His person and purpose to those who desire to know Him.  If we live with God’s Word each day we will begin to learn its meanings and messages for us through the power of the Holy Spirit.  God’s Word was written by inspired men of God through the wisdom of the Holy Spirit as it taught and moved these writers.  Because the Holy Spirit inspired the writers of the Word, we can also be taught and moved by the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit lives within us. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: