Friday, July 20, 2012


Happy Friday! 

Tonight as I begin this journey entry I echo the prayer requests of the Dean of Brite Seminary for the folks in Colorado who are victims of the gunman in the movie theatre.  None of us will ever understand his actions, the depth of sorrow of those who lost their lives, those who were injured or those who bore witness to this violence. All we can do is be in prayer for all of these people and pray that they will find God in the midst of this horrible tragedy.  May they all find God’s loving presence surrounding them.

Prayer:  “Father God, I come before you to say thank You for a brand new day. I look forward to the opportunities of this day.  I ask You to guide me by Your Spirit throughout the day.  Help me, O Lord, to be salt and light to those I encounter that I might represent and reflect the life of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I praise You and give You glory. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

“That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.”
Romans 8: 4

Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation to abolish the laws of slavery.  The apostle Paul became emancipated from the law of religious legalism. Moses received the Law given by God to expose the sins of the Israelites.  The problem with all of these laws is that they could not set the people free from their sins. These laws could only condemn. 

God sent Jesus to do what the laws could not do.  Jesus had been given the power by God to forgive sins through the power of the Cross.  Our righteousness was not achieved by any good works we might perform, but by this one work of Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.  This indwelling allows us to “walk in the Spirit.” My meditation tonight says that this indwelling allows us to “no longer walk in sin under that old Law, but under the nature of God’s grace.” Now that is some good news!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Please remember to pray for our brothers and sisters in Colorado and their grief, loss and broken hearts.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

PS A year ago yesterday Bruce had aortic valve replacement.  Tomorrow he will travel to the prison to have prayer and share with those residents and team members who have been through the Kairos Ministry.  God is so good and we are so very grateful.  Please pray travel mercy and safety inside as they travel and minister to those incarcerated.  Thanks. Peace, gc

No comments: