Sunday, July 1, 2012


Blessed Sunday and Happy July!

I went to church today for the first time in what seems like weeks as I was not on-call at all this weekend. Given my current lifestyle, going to church is hit and miss depending on the on-call schedule. 

It was great to see friends and worship with music sung, the Word preached and the invitation to dine at the table of our Lord.  This afternoon I got reading almost done, laundry done and bags packed for tomorrow.  Tomorrow I am on-call at Huguley from 6:00 AM until 10:00 PM. Somewhere in between I am to take a defensive training class so I can learn how to defend myself in case a patient loses control and attempts to cause harm.  Please offer an extra prayer for me and any patient who might lose control.

Today my daughter has made another leap into the adult world.  She purchased her first car.  It is a beautiful 2010 cranberry red Toyota Corolla.  It is so very pretty and she loves it. She did take her daddy with her for knowledge and guidance and together, they did an awesome job.  I am so proud of her and all of her accomplishments.  But mostly I am just proud of her and love her bunches.

Prayer:  “ Jesus, thank You for the ability to get out of bed this morning and sit down before You and Your Word.  Please give me the  ability to comprehend Your ways and will for my life,  May Your Spirit speak into my life and give me direction as I start my day.  In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry.  He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”
Matthew 3: 11

John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. His followers were those who sought guidance in the ways of God.  John was called to tell the Jews that even though he was one who could tell the people to repent, his greatest job was to announce the coming of the Messiah who would complete their baptism with the baptism of the Holy Spirit.  John knew that he could do nothing without the power of the Holy Spirit and neither can we. Jesus does in us through the same Holy Spirit what we cannot do ourselves.  This power of the Holy Spirit is what cleanses us each day and makes us ready to live in the world without becoming of the world.   It is the same power of the Holy Spirit that will allow us to live, yielded and surrendered each day to the God who created us, for He loves us so much that He wants to spend the remainder of our lives in relationship and fellowship with Him.  This is such a great verse and message of hope.  John’s words were so true in that we must decrease (daily surrender) so that Jesus, through the power of the Holy Spirit, can increase in us. 

Let us begin each day by telling God how much we love Him and wake up yielded and surrendered to Him and His purposes.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep. (That is next on my agenda!)  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all very much!  Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.


No comments: