Friday, July 6, 2012


Happy Friday!!

Prayer:  “Lord Jesus, I thank You for loving me in spite of me. I also thank you for always forgiving me when I truly repent of my sin.  I ask You to give me the ability through the power of the Holy Spirit to do for others today what You do for me.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit”
Romans 15: 13

Scripture tells us that the God who loves us so much is the God of hope.  God is the author and foundation of our hope and the finisher of our hope. According to the apostle Paul none of us will ever have peace, hope, or joy apart from a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit.  Even though I pray for all of these things for myself, family, friends and the patients with whom I visit, we do not even need to pray for  hope, joy or peace because all of that has already been given to us through the life of Jesus at the moment of salvation through the power of the Holy Spirit.  

Perhaps I should change the way I pray and give thanks for each of these good and gracious gifts - declaring them already given  - and embracing them through all of my life’s challenges and experiences.  What a comfort it will be to know and claim that God is our joy, God is our peace and God is our hope through each thing we face.  Let me know how this works out for you and I will do the same.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Much love to you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: