Friday, July 6, 2012


Happy Friday! 

Funniest line today from an older gentleman I was visiting, “I am ready to go when the Lord calls me.  I just don’t want to be on the next bus!”  I am still laughing when I think about it.

Prayer alert:  Boyd Tolles, a friend of ours from Advent had quadruple bypass surgery today.  He came through with flying colors.  Please pray for Boyd and his family as he regains the strength to heal from this surgery.  Bruce signed the heart shaped pillow that heart patients receive welcoming him into the “Zipper Club.”  (LOL)

Prayer:  “Lord Jesus, thank You for being my God and guide.  Thank you for giving me the precious ability to read and comprehend Your Word as the Holt Spirit enables me to understand its depths and meaning.  Please guide me into all truth today and prepare me for the things You have prepared for me.  In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen”

“Jesus answered and said to him, ‘If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.”
John 14: 23

Jesus is speaking to Judas (not Iscariot).  Judas asks in verse 22, “Lord, how will You reveal Yourself to us and not to the world?” 

Jesus was the perfect example of love.  Many people today do not realize that real love, true love is only experienced by the love of God.  True love has as its mission to have only one desire; to please the object of the love.  Bruce and I love each other deeply and abidingly and choose each other every day.  We also try to please each other in all we say and do in our relationship.  When we treasure God’s Word and act on it in obedience we choose God each day and please God in all we say and do.  God chooses to make His home within us.  When we surrender ourselves to the leading of God, the Holy Spirit enters into us allowing us to bear witness to all that we are children of God. 

The only way the world is going to know about God is if we claim God’s Word, walk in obedience to that Word and share that Word with those we meet.  Tonight I will quote my meditation, “But as we yield to the Father, love the Word, pray and obey, there is a deeper relationship with the Father, Son and Spirit.  Salvation means we are going to heaven, but submission means that heaven comes to us!”  (I really liked these two sentences.)

We can never experience the love of God unless we come into relationship with God.  Pray for God to help each of us to love others as he has loved us and for our lives to reflect the love of Jesus.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Much love to you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com    

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: