Sunday, May 20, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

I finished studying the Songs of Songs and hope to complete the study of Ruth tomorrow and maybe be a bit ahead for Tuesday.  I begin my class on Monday morning.  I ask for many prayers to be lifted for concentration, focus and understanding for this class.  I am going to need them.

Tonight Bruce and I went to the wedding of some friends of mine from Brite.  The wedding was held at the Museum of Science and History.  It is a beautiful place for a wedding.  The wedding was beautiful with the colors of purple and white!  Totally appropriate.  The bride and groom were beautiful and handsome and the wedding was lovely with the music being done by the University Christian Church handbell choir.  So lovely.

Prayer:  Lord Jesus,  I want to thank You for praying for me.  I ask for grace to keep my focus on You and Your Word.  Help me to obey You and do what You command, regardless of how I may or may not feel.  Amen.

“And when He had sent them away, He departed to the mountains to pray.”
Mark 6: 46

Many of you know that I am directionally challenged.  Even more than that I can become disoriented in buildings such as hospitals, apartment buildings and may other places.  In the dark I can become really disoriented and so I try not to drive in the darkness if I do not have to.  I am better in the daylight than in the dark.  Some people call it spatial disorientation.  When I am not sure of where I am going, the darkness only makes it worse. 

Once I learned a lesson about this issue.  I was driving into Las Colinas to pick up Carme when she came to visit.  It was dark and I am completely unfamiliar with that area.  I was really nervous about getting lost.  Travis was with me and he had his phone with voice commands on how to get to the hotel where Carme was staying.  Here is what I learned…be quiet, Gaylene, and listen to the voice giving you directions and you will get there safely.  I had to surrender my fear over to the voice of direction and trust that it knew where I was going even if I did not.  The spiritual lesson was given in this journey to Las Colinas.  When I am disoriented in my life, am fearful, nervous and do not know which way to go, then all I have to do is listen to the VOICE that guides my thoughts, my steps, my actions and my words and do what the VOICE says to do, trusting that the VOICE knows better than I.  Of course I am referring to the VOICE of God through Jesus. The voice of God speaks through His Word, in prayer and through others who believe in Him. 

We all, as disciples of Jesus, will experience disorientation.  When we are somewhat lost then we have to trust Him.  God is not distant or unconcerned about us.  We all need to be rescued at some point in our lives and some of us more than once!! God wants to be a part of all of our lives so much that His own son Jesus prays for us.  God is willing to assume full responsibility for the lives that are completely yielded to Him.  Remember that Jesus walked on water during a storm and will rescue us when we are caught in the storms of our lives.

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Give thanks for God’s faithfulness and willingness to take full responsibility for our lives as we yield them to His will.  Count your blessings and say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

Prayer request:  Little Tatum is back in the hospital for a treatment and my Uncle Johnny is also receiving chemotherapy in Sherman. Please offer prayers of healing for both of these loved ones.  Peace, gc

No comments: