Saturday, May 26, 2012


Happy Saturday! 

Geni began to pack and move some things into her new apartment tonight.  She has a lovely two bedroom 1 1/2 bath with a living room, dining room, kitchen a small fenced backyard and a tiny front yard.  Bruce is the maintenance man for the entire apartment edition.  He says she has nice neighbors and it is only 5 minutes from our house.  We are excited for her as she is going forth with her life in such a wonderful and positive way, but we will miss her.  I pray we have taught her well, that she has learned from our mistakes and that she will always remember where home is.

Prayer:  “Father, I thank You that I can live in victory today because You defeated the devil at Calvary, and he no longer has authority over my life because I belong to You.  I claim deliverance from anything that would keep me from living in the victory of the Cross. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

“But deliver us from the evil one.”
Luke 11: 4c

How appropriate that this verse of scripture is in my meditation over the Memorial Day weekend.  Wars are usually fought over these two reasons; people are in bondage to something and they are in need of deliverance.  Some wars are very decisive in their outcomes that somebody wins and somebody loses. In wars between nations each is looking for a clear and decisive victory over the enemy

As believers we have an Enemy whose name is Satan. He has a plan to place each of us in bondage so that we are ineffective in the practice of our faith.  In today’s verse we pray for deliverance based on the fact that we fight from the viewpoint of victory but not for victory.  Our victory has already been won in the death of Jesus on the cross and His resurrection.  Satan has already been defeated because he could have never predicted the outcome of the Cross.  This fact alone must really hack Satan off. Satan will be forever cast away from the divine presence of God and his humiliation will be public, painful and eternal.  Satan can do nothing to change that outcome. 

Our deliverance has already been won and we are not bound by  Satan because Christ has already defeated the enemy in the lives of we who believe. 

Take joy in the journey.  Wear comfortable shoes and get some sleep.  Count your blessings including a special thanksgiving for those around us who were willing to give their time and their lives for our deliverance.  Remember to say your prayers.  Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.


I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: