Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Saturday!

Prayer: “Father, You are the God of grace. As I begin the day, I worship and praise You as the greatest gift giver in this universe. I am a recipient of Your grace. When I look at my life, I cannot understand how You could love me the way You do. You have given me the most wonderful gift—the gift of salvation. Lord, as a recipient of grace, I desire today to extend grace to others. Help me to be patient with people, to love people the way You love them and to act graciously toward the people You bring into my life. Amen.”

Ephesians 2: 8,9 “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”

Our culture seems to believe that acceptance is based on merit. But in the life of a Christian we know that grace is a gift that is to be received. We cannot earn it or buy it, we must just be willing to receive it. In my meditation tonight, a great acronym for grace is given; Grace is God’s Riches at Christ’s Expense (G R A C E). Grace is a gift from God and is totally centered in Jesus as His gift of salvation to each of us. We are Christians by God’s grace because we freely received the greatest gift God offers. We just simply receive God’s grace by faith in Jesus Christ.

In the class I am about to take, I have already been reading. Each of us has many stories to tell, but the stories about our salvation and our Christian life cannot be told without the relationships that helped introduce us to grace. We are blessed by family, friends, church family and others who have walked this journey of faith.

This community of believers is important to God and greatly important to us. They are a powerful part of our story in the journey of faith. When you say your prayers, think of those who have helped you on your journey of understanding and who have been receivers of God’s grace.

Take joy in the journey and walk with a friend. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please continue to pray for Mom. See you in worship tomorrow. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: