Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Thursday! (written Wednesday)

Another day of study, but I am making some really great connections with the subject matter and so even though it is long it is interesting!

Mom update: Wednesday she had therapy twice, once for her legs and once for her shoulder. She is quite remarkable saying that she is in no pain. We hope to see her soon and see how she is progressing for ourselves. Dad also seems to be feeling better and today said that he thought the stomach bug was probably due to the stress of the holidays. It seems that they both are making progress. Their strength comes from God and from the prayers of those who gain their strength from Him, too. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors.

Prayer: “Father, I praise You for Your love, which is perfect and unconditional. I thank You for forgiving my sin. I thank you for the gift of salvation. You have given me a gift I could never merit or earn. Help me today to live in response to Your love. Help me to love people the way You love them. Help me to be open to share the story of Your love with people I meet who do not know You. I pray for the wisdom to live according to Your Word. Amen”

John 3: 16 “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

I messed up! I was in a meeting the other evening. This was a meeting of learned believers. It was my second time to attend this particular group. It occurred to me as the gathering was drawing to a close that no one closed the meeting in prayer or offered an opportunity for prayers. So I asked for prayer for Mom and Dad and with promises to pray from those in attendance we all went our separate ways. I was bothered enough about this by the time I got to the car that I knew I had to ask for forgiveness because I had behaved as those around me instead of proclaiming the name of Jesus and spending a few moments in prayer. I did not act in response to the love of God and missed an opportunity to invite God to be a part of this group.

Most of the time the world lives in love that is conditional, but the love of God is unconditional. He loves unconditionally with the proof of this love in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for all mankind, believers and non-believers alike. Where mankind is exclusive, God is inclusive. Anyone who comes to God in faith receives immediate salvation and eternal life and forgiveness. There is no one beyond the love of God even when we mess up and miss an opportunity to tell others about the extravagant love He has for them; even when we miss issuing the invitation for God to be a part of the gathering and asking Him to dismiss us with His blessing. God’s love is the most powerful form of love any of us will ever experience. When I meet with this group again I will ask to begin our time together with prayer and invite to God to be with us as we discuss issues with God’s presence to be among us creating holy ground.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Take care and stay warm. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: