Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy Tuesday!

If you have not seen the movie The Help, go and rent it or buy it as soon as you can. It is amazing. The story is great and the acting is so good. We stayed up late to watch it tonight and I am sure we will watch it again many more times.

Mom update: I spoke briefly with her today because she had a visitor at the time of my call. She said they began therapy on her shoulder today. She said they used machines, but it did not really hurt, but she thought she would feel sore tomorrow. Thanks for your prayers and keep praying.

Prayer: Good morning, Lord, I thank You for being all that I need in this world and the next. You make it possible for me to be right with the Father and with anyone on earth. I praise You for being my wonderful counselor. There is nothing I will face today that You do not already know. Thank You for guiding me, for leading me, and for showing me. I pray that today I will focus more on that which I have in You than on that which I have from You. Amen.”

1 Corinthians 1: 30 “But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God and righteousness and sanctification and redemption.”

Did you ever tell your children, or if you don’t have children, did your parents ever tell you, “We try to provide everything you need and most or some of what you want?” I remember hearing those words and I have said those words to our children. And for the most part I think we have lived up to those words. When we come into relationship with Christ we immediately receive all we need in Christ because Christ makes His home in us. Jesus, in the form of the Holy Spirit, dwells within each of us. Out of His extreme love for us, Jesus gives not only what we need, but all we will ever need. Jesus is God’s wisdom incarnate and His wisdom lives within us when we come into relationship.

The world gives us false wisdom, but the very mind of God lives within us because of Jesus living within us. The result of this dwelling of Christ within us is that we receive all we need to have fellowship with our Creator and Lord—we receive righteousness, sanctification and redemption. We receive righteousness at the moment of our salvation. Sanctification is what we learn in living our lives in Jesus and become formed into the likeness of Christ, but our redemption covers the entirety of our salvation. Praise God, for in Jesus we have everything!

Take joy in the journey! Wear comfortable shoes and a warm jacket. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all my friends, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: