Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Friday!

Was Thursday just beautiful or what?! Do you think we hibernated and woke up sometime in April? This does not feel like January to me!

Prayer: “Lord, I come to You and thank You for Jesus. I thank You that my salvation resides in Him and Him alone. My sin separated me from You, but You did not leave me in my sin. You gave Jesus in order that I may be forgiven and have eternal life. I can only boast in Jesus because He is my life. I am grateful for my salvation. I don’t deserve what Jesus has done for me. I desire to live this day as a reflection of the life You have given me. Amen.”

John 3: 36 “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life, and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on Him.”

In many situations there are multiple possible solutions to resolve something. When trying to get to a destination there can be several different routes to take. But the only way to Eternal life and a relationship with God is through Jesus Christ.

God’s plan for the salvation of the world resides in Jesus alone and all who believe in Him will be granted eternal life. Our faith in Jesus is what allows us to have a personal relationship with God. Believing is more than just intellectually believing Jesus existed. Placing our faith in Jesus gives us access to forgiveness, mercy, strength and joy. At the moment we come into relationship with Jesus we begin living in life eternal. If we do not live in relationship with God through faith in Jesus we have a broken relationship with God and our sin cannot be repaired.

John 14: 6 “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” This verse states in very plain language that all, not just some, or a few, or a lot, or many, but ALL must put their faith in Jesus in order to have relationship with God and have life eternal. There are no short cuts, no going around and no side roads to take. It’s sort of like in the gospel according to Lily. She was one of my last group of students who explained over lunch one day the Creation Story and ended her very entertaining tale with this statement, (God to Adam and Eve) “I only gave you one rule.”

Take joy in the journey and don’t go alone! Bring someone with you so that all may know Jesus Christ. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: