Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Bruce continues to improve more each day. His appetite is improving and mobility is getting stronger. We had to pop in at the surgeon’s office today which is on the second floor of the building. He took the stairs both directions. What a champion!!

Prayer: “Father, I am thankful for everything in my life today. I am thankful for my family, my friends, my future career and the opportunity to receive schooling to enact the calling to which You have entrusted to me. I am thankful for the problems that may come my way because they are opportunities for me to grow closer to You and for You to have glory. Help me to remember that You are calling me to Yourself through everything in my life. I choose to live for You today. In Jesus’ name, Amen”

Mark 11: 24-25 “I say to you, whatever things you ask and when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them. And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your transgressions.”

Prayer is such a powerful gift we have been given. Prayer becomes very powerful when we pray according to God’s Word. Praying the scriptures allows us to navigate the lordship of His will for our lives. What we begin to understand is that what we can pray for and about is limitless, but even greater we begin to understand that what God can do is limitless. We can pray to God using our own language, but praying the scriptures is praying in the language of God. It then become prayers of holiness from his very Word.

One of the barriers to praying is having unforgiveness in our hearts. Unforgiveness is simply luggage we carry around with us and takes up space that can better be used for worship, service and prayer. Recently we flew to San Antonio. After receiving our boarding passes we checked our luggage at the counter. We handed over the bags of our belongings trusting that they would be taken and we would not have to deal with them until we landed. And thankfully our luggage landed with us in San Antonio. But, have you ever considered checking your baggage at the foot of the cross? Can you imagine how light the burden would become if we checked our baggage in with Christ and trusted that not only would it be taken away, but never returned for us to carry around?

My friends, if we want to experience limitless power in prayer then we must experience the limitless forgiveness offered by God through the crucified Christ. There is nothing we have ever done or that has ever been done to us that cannot be forgiven. If God can forgive it then we can, too. When we let go of all of the stuff that weighs us down into the hands of our Lord then we are able to experience the power of prayer.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Pray God’s Holy Word and believe that He is faithful and true. Love you all so very much, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: