Monday, July 25, 2011

Greetings from Austin Street

Happy Monday! Bruce is home!!!Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!
We left the hospital around 11:00 and made a stop at Starbucks to see the kids. The staff applauded when he walked in. It was such a touching moment. Bruce has had a good day. After the Starbucks visit then we went to WalMart. I walked up to the pharmacy window and announced that I was there to buy the pharmacy. Tomorrow we begin the walking regimen. Each nurse and therapist who walked into his room pretty well said that “walking is way to healing.” So we will begin at some air conditioned place such as the mall, WalMart or Kroger and walk three times per day. It is our understanding that cardiac care will call in about 10 days to schedule his cardiac rehab and some education classes that I can attend. Anyway, it is so wonderful to have him home again and now maybe we will both sleep better!

Prayer: “Precious Lord Jesus Christ, I surrender my life to You. I ask that when this week is complete, I will be able to see Your signature all over my life. There is nothing like knowing that You are with me and that Your power is upon my life. Lead me. Empower me. Show me Your will in all things. May this be the week that I learn about the power of prayer. Whatever life throws my way, may I honor You. You alone deserve to be praised. Amen.”

James 5: 16 “Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous and avails much.”
As believers we share true fellowship with one another and with God. We share our struggles, victories, defeats, hurts and even our sins with one another. We cannot forgive sin only God can do that. We can forgive each other, but God forgives the sins we and others commit and when we forgive we land on a greater level of responsibility and accountability in our spiritual lives . When we pray for each other we are acting as the family of God and we carry the burdens of the brothers and sisters by praying for those who need lifting up and for their healing.
The most effective prayers are when we talk to god and listen to what He says to us. When we pray with passion about specific things such as healing for someone we love, God’s provision or salvation for one who does not believe then our prayers accomplish a lot and we experience the power of prayer. And we experience the extraordinary God-glorifying experience of seeing God work through prayer.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please continue to pray even when God seems silent. It does not mean He is not working through the Holy Spirit on our behalf, it just means that we are not yet ready to receive His answers. Love you all our dear friends and mighty prayer warriors, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis

No comments: