Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Bruce has had a great day! Today’s plan for walking happened at the grocery store. We got two carts. Bruce pushed the empty card 21/2 laps around Kroger while I took the other cart and shopped. Where there is a will and a bit of creativity there is a way. We will be continuing to work on the medication schedule and tomorrow. We go to the hospital for blood work to check on the level of Coumadin. Bruce will have blood work weekly for 6 weeks until the levels are right. Just like most new experiences, things take time. We are so thankful that he is doing so well and have full confidence in a complete recovery. Thank you again for all of your prayerful support.

Prayer: “Father, here I am. Your servant is listening. I desire to hear from You and receive a special word from You this day. When I open Your Word, speak to my heart. May Your Word speak in a roar and become like fire in my heart. Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. I want to see You. I want to hear You. I want to live for You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.”

1 Thessalonians 5: 16—18 “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”

I have often said that when you hand your keys over to your 16 year old for their first solo drive is when this passage of scripture becomes written on your hearts: “pray without ceasing.” Or, in our case, just watch your husband go through aortic valve replacement and recovery. Our prayer life is the most important tool we have in our arsenal to keep our spiritual lives in an attitude of joy and praise.

A prayerful heart can result in a life filled with rejoicing. Stuff happens in our lives that can attempt to rob us of our joy. What we must remember is that we can always pray. We may not always be able to read the Word, or phone a friend or even get in touch with our pastor, but we can always and at anytime pray! We can pray about anything and all things. God’s availability to us is ceaseless and He is so willing to see us through anything. When we begin to pray about all things then the attitude of thanksgiving will arise from the depths of our souls and we will be living and practicing God’s will for our lives.

When our attitudes need adjusting then we need to pray. We are unable to adjust our attitudes on our own. Our attitudes can only be adjusted by prayer. We must choose to rejoice when things are not going well. We must choose to be thankful regardless of what life throws in our path. We must learn to pray about all things and all situations. When we pray about all things then we will see the power of prayer.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Pray without ceasing friends. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am only moved by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: