Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

We are home! Our two four legged children, Jackson and Lamar, were so excited to see us! And I was really glad to see them. I missed them a lot. I think we are all looking forward to sleeping in our own beds tonight.

Our vacation was so much fun. We did some exploring of the Riverwalk, made stops at The Alamo, took the riverboat tour (way cool!) and ate until we were tired! I never thought I would get tired of chips, salsa and guacamole, but it will be a while before I indulge again! We spent a lot of our time with our best friends Carme and Dave. It was a great time to catch up and enjoy time together. We went to the Hill Country Christian Church (Carme and Dave’s church) on Sunday. It was a wonderful worship service with the warmest and most welcoming congregational family. We had a really great time and we are glad to be home. I have missed all of you too!

Prayer: “Lord, I bless Your name this morning. I praise You for another day that I can use for Your glory. I pray that the time I spend in Your Word will be the foundation for everything that I do. I pray that my words and my actions will bring glory to You and that I will spend my time serving others rather than doing the things that are only pleasing to myself. Make me a servant for Your glory. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”

Galatians 5: 13 “You, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.”

Today as we were about to get off of the plane at DFW the pilot asked all of us to honor those who served in our branches of the military who help provide the liberty and freedom we live under each and every day. The plane full of people applauded those who were in military service who were flying with us. As I read this scripture I thought of those who serve as ones who have been called to liberty in order to live a life of service in order that others might experience a life of liberty themselves.

As believers in Jesus we find liberty in our relationship with Jesus. Jesus came to grant us His grace through forgiveness of our sins. We are liberated from our sins out of His love for us by His crucifixion and resurrection. The amazing love of Jesus is the gift that frees us. But that is not the end of the story. Jesus was the role model for service and expects us to become servants in His name. We are expected to grant grace and forgiveness to others because God’s amazing love and grace was freely, lovingly and completely given to us and continues to be given to us with each breath we take. Jesus served us. Now we are called to serve others.

Since being retired, I have been getting up each day getting some coffee and watching Joyce Meyer at 7:00. This last week she has been speaking on service to others. She says that each morning when she prays she asks for God to send her someone to bless or to place someone in her path who needs a blessing from God in some way. God has called her into His service to be of service to others. I have added this request to my Morning Prayer time. Since then I have been trying very hard to pay attention to those around me and asking God if He can use me to show how to share His love with someone else.

Tonight I ask your prayers for Bruce as he has oral surgery tomorrow. He will spend around five hours in the dental chair making him safer for the heart surgery that is to come in two weeks. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray ask God to place someone in your path who needs a blessing and then pay attention. You just might get a call! Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: