Saturday, July 9, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Prayer: “God, as I look forward to Sunday worship I pray that You will be in the midst of our services. I pray that your will begins now to work in the hearts of those who will be there. Help me to remember that we are to be in the business of seeing lives changed. Give our worship leaders the wisdom to stay focused on you as they lead us in the worship of You. Father I know that You will speak to us in the power of the Word, spoken, preached, prayed or sung and even in the silences of our own hearts. When we worship may we clear our minds of everything except the worship of You and Your Son. May we praise your name. Amen.”

Acts 2: 46 “Continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart.”

And thus the first of many covered dish dinners! The early believers met in each other’s homes first to worship and then to fellowship. Their lives were in constant commitment to the Lord and in their relationships with each other. I have heard people say that they are believers in Jesus, but they do not attend worship. Scripture tells us that it is difficult to have a walk with Christ if you do not fellowship with His people. How can one serve God and not love the church created by Him?

These early believers, as a result of their consistent worship of Christ and fellowship with others believers, grew the church. There was very little division among these early followers of Christ because of their commitment and focus on the worship and teaching of Jesus. If we remember that Jesus is Lord and keep Him on the throne of our hearts instead of placing ourselves in that seat then we can stay in fellowship with our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ and the church will continue to grow.

When we worship tomorrow may we let the full capacity of our hearts and minds be in the worship of God, then be prepared to love and serve the body of Christ, not on getting to the restaurant before others get there, the trip to the grocery store or the sporting event on TV. Christ is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and deserves our full attention as we worship with other believers.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. See you in worship. Love you lots, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: