Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Bruce went back to work today and painted in a hot garage all day. He is amazing. He goes back to the dentist tomorrow for a check-up. Modern dentistry is totally amazing.

Prayer: “Lord, I come to You today with great confidence, knowing that there is nothing that I will face today that is too large for You to handle or too small for You to notice. You have not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and love. I pray that You will make this a productive day as I seek to serve You effectively. In every situation, give me the wisdom to come to You first rather than trying to figure it out myself first. Your way is always better. Amen.”

1 Peter 1:22 “Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart.”

The work of attaining a pure heart is a work that God does within us and not anything we do ourselves. We are commanded to love. Some folks are easier to love than others. Having the love of God, God’s pure love, in our hearts makes loving a lot easier. The way we have this kind of love is by learning and bearing God’s truth in our heart, mind and actions. This kind of love is not just a love for show but a kind of love that gives us the ability to love when we don’t feel like it. When we are submitted to God, we are given the ability to see others through the eyes of God, learning to love them despite their weaknesses and our weaknesses. When we can learn to love others and see them through the eyes of God then God can work miracles through each of us.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Ask God to place someone in your path today. Bless and love them as you see them through the eyes of God. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: