Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Bruce is doing well after total reconstructive oral surgery today. He looks so amazing! He has waited all of his life for this. When I picked him up his lip was still kind of numb and droopy. (He did a great Elvis lip!!) But he was able to raise his lip just enough for me to see the most beautiful, perfect teeth ever. I think I cried just a little. When Geni and Travis saw him they clapped and cheered. Right now everything is temporary until after the heart surgery and then the permanent crowns will be done. So far I don’t think he has felt too much discomfort. They gave him continuous nitrous oxide (laughing gas) throughout the 5 hour procedure. He was kind of silly every once in a while with some uncontrollable laughter, but other than that he has rested most of the day and plans to work tomorrow. Thank you for all of your prayers. We so appreciate all of your kind and heartfelt support. Please don’t stop!!!

Prayer: “Father, today I am reminded of Your grace and how You loved me so much that You sent Your Son to die on the Cross for my sin. Your grace is so amazing, and I never cease to be astounded at how You were willing to pay such a price for me. I give this day to You, and I ask that You use it for Your glory alone. When people see my inadequacy, may they be reminded of Your awesome power. Amen.”

Galatians 6: 1,2 “Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”

Have you ever come upon a situation or someone and said to yourself, “there by the grace of God go I?” I most certainly have. As I saw street people sleeping in doorways during our stay in San Antonio I had cause to say that. I was not sure how I could help them, so I just said a prayer for them and prayed that somehow today they were able to eat, have shelter, had some relationship with someone and know that someone somewhere loved them.

These two verses were written for those of us who believe in Jesus and realize that it is only by God’s grace that we are not sleeping in a doorway somewhere. And even more so that we are not overtaken by sinfulness that cannot be forgiven by God.

God commands us to love His people with all our hearts, all our minds, all our souls and our neighbors as ourselves. We are not asked to pass judgment on fellow believers for that is not our job. It is our command to help restore those who are in situations that seem so bad that they seem to be unrecoverable. But Corrie Ten Boom once said, “No pit is so deep that His love is not deeper still.” Where God’s love is present, God is there. So when we meet someone who is carrying a burden we need to give them God’s love and encourage them to get their lives back on track and live a life in line with the direction of God.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Ask God to place someone in your path who needs a blessing and listen to how God wants you to bless them. Love you all and thanks again, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: