Sunday, July 10, 2011

Blessed Sunday to you all!

Prayer: “Jesus, thank You for saving my soul. Oh, how wonderful it is to have a real relationship with You. I also want to thank You for those who cared enough to share the gospel with me. I am so grateful for their obedience to You. I ask You to use me today as Your instrument to win a soul for Your glory. In the power of Your name I pray. Amen”

Proverbs 11:30 “ The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and he who wins a soul is wise.”

Today Pastor Joel spoke on seed, sower and sought, with God being the seed. We are the sowers and those who do not know Jesus are the sought. God planted His seed of love in each of us and then began to grow His life in our souls each day. We have grown into a relationship with Him through reading His Word and being in fellowship with other believers. We as Christians are not meant to live in isolation. We are to advance the kingdom of God through sowing the seed of His love in others.

We have experienced the joy of being given new life in Christ through forgiveness and our daily walk with Christ. God desires in each of us to be His instruments of that same peace, joy and new life in others. We are to deliver His message of love and forgiveness out of obedience to Him because someone delivered that message to each of us. Think for a minute…who delivered the message of the gospel to you. Was it a pastor, a Sunday School teacher, a friend, your parents or some other relative? Delivering the message of the gospel is exercising wisdom in its truest sense. We invest our energy and time to advance God’s kingdom. We have our work cut out for us.

My friends, many of you over the past two and a half years have shared the gospel of hope and compassion with me. I will be forever grateful. Now we must continue to deliver that message of God’s love to all we meet. When we do we are using the wisdom God has gifted us with and acted in obedience. If we do this we will be blessed by God and we will be a blessing to someone else.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Ask God to put someone in your path who needs to hear the message of the gospel and then let Him guide you as to what to say or do. As Bruce signs off each email, “Preach Christ every day…if necessary, use words.” Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.
`

No comments: