Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: “Father, thank You for a new day—a fresh start. Yesterday is gone and today is here. Keep me focused on who You are and where You desire to lead me and guide me today. I pray I will see new opportunities to bring You honor in everything I do. Thank You. Amen.”

Luke 8: 16 “No one, when he has lit a lamp, covers it with a vessel or puts it under a bed, but sets it on a lampstand, that those who enter may see the light.”

“Hide it under a bushel? NO!” I’m gonna let it shine.” Most of us were raised on this song. Have you ever thought about what this song has to say to us? Let’s think about this wonderful spirited camp and VBS song that everyone loves and does all of the hand motions I don’t care how old you are! God sent His pure light into the world and called His gift of light and truth Jesus. God did not sneak Jesus in through the back door. God placed Jesus within a family and caused Him to grow into manhood just as any other Jewish young man. When Jesus rose from the waters of baptism God let Him shine with the glow of the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove and pronounced Him His very own Son.

When the people of Nazareth and surrounding area had an encounter with Jesus they could not wait to go and tell someone else. They did not hide Jesus under a bushel. They let the light of Jesus shine through them by telling others about what Jesus had done for them. It is our command in God’s Word to help others find their way to Jesus. We are to be the light of Christ for others just as Jesus was the light of God when He walked on the earth.

Our problem seems to be that we are not vocal about what God has done for us as those early believers who had those face to face encounters with Jesus. Maybe we cannot have those face to face encounters with Christ, but we can bear “face to faith” witness to those who are in need of learning about the love of God by simply telling them what God has done for us. Let us surrender to God whatever it is that keeps us from sharing His love and message of hope to those who are in need. “Hide it under a bushel? NO! I’m gonna let it shine!”

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Let us be open to opportunities to let Jesus shine into the lives of those who need to know the love of Jesus. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: