Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Friday!

Okay! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 is amazing! I got in line at 5:45 for the 7:00 showing. If you are a Harry Potter fan you will love it. It is totally action packed with the battle between good and evil well defined and acted! I will be glad when it comes out in DVD so it will come to live with us. I rarely go to a movie theater to see the same movie twice, but I might make an exception…

Prayer: “Dear Lord, thank You for this new day. Thank You for another day to learn, listen and be alive. Thank you that life in You is better than any life outside of You. I ask You to help me rest in Your peace that will guard my heart and mind and to keep me focused on You—not the troubles, questions, or even good things that this world offers me today. May I find my peace in You. Thank You, Lord. Amen.”

Proverbs 13: 6 “Righteousness guards him whose way is blameless, but wickedness overthrows the sinner.”

If you read yesterday’s entry then you will remember that righteousness is a gift given to each of us when we choose to walk in obedience to God. Righteousness is simply choosing to do things the way God would want us to do them. And in this passage we are given a choice. For us who are believers in Jesus, righteousness with God is only found in Jesus. It is this relationship with Jesus that “guards us, protects us, and keeps our way “blameless.”

However, if any of you are like me I sometimes do not choose righteousness. Sometimes I choose to not act in a godly way when things do not go the way in which I would like them to go. In short, I sometimes get mad when things do not go the way ‘I” planned or a schedule has not been kept that “I” created. I really want to say or do something to let others know that I am not happy about the way things are going. If I do say unkind things then I could end up hurting someone I really care about. If I act in an ungodly way then I have ignored God’s leading and have walked outside the realm of righteousness, upsetting the peace and joy in my heart and in my life, and most of all upsetting my relationship with God.

This is why I need Jesus. This is why I need to lean on Him continually. I need to lean on Him for my relationship with God and not rely on my own thoughts and desires for earthly gratification. If I act in the way the world would have me act then I will not be in right relationship with others or with God. Jesus is the only One who can make me right with God and help restore relationships. God through Jesus keeps me blameless.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. My prayer for myself and each of you is to remember to lean on my relationship with Jesus when things do not go my way. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: