Thursday, July 14, 2011

Happy Thursday!

By the time I write tomorrow night we will have seen the final Harry Potter. Geni and Travis went to the midnight show in Fort Worth tonight. I really love the Harry Potter series and have been watching the movies all week and will finish Deathly Hallows Part 1 tonight.

As to “Prayer and Hair”…we had a great time with girl talk, Bible Study and sharing of prayer requests. We are still working on getting together on a regular basis. The current most possible time is once a month when school starts.

Prayer: “Father, thank You for who You are and who You have always been. I choose to worship You today. Show me areas in which I am trusting in myself instead of You. Help me shift that trust back over to You. Help me fully trust You with something I have never trusted You with before. Thank You for making me right with You. In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.”

Proverbs 12: 28 “In the way of righteousness is life, and in its pathway there is no death.”

This passage of scripture tells us the choice we need to make in our lives. Walk in righteousness with God and live or walk in unrighteousness and die. We can choose to walk with God and live a life of righteousness - doing the things God would have us do. God does not just want us to act in right behavior in the big things that go on in our lives but also in everyday choices. It is never our own righteousness or good works or trying our very best that ever makes us right with God. When we surrender to Jesus we receive His grace without any effort on our part and things are made right with God. Surrendering throughout each day causes us to walk the path of righteousness and into a life with Jesus. When we surrender daily then we are open to the teachings of Jesus and are more clued in to the journey and where it is leading. So my friends let each of us think before we speak and stop before we act and ask God if this is what He truly wants us to do. God will never lead us down a path that will lead to death, but only a path that leads to life.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Choose wisely…Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: