Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “Father, thank You for this day. Thank You for Your love for me and for the fact that I can love You because You first loved me. Help me to rest in You and in Your love for me. I also thank You for people You have placed in my life. Thank You that You didn’t intend for me to do life alone, and this is not just for my benefit, but for the benefit of those around me and the entire world. Amen.”

John 4: 37 “For in this the saying is true, One sows and another reaps.”

Tomorrow, several members of the prayer and share group I was a part of while at Burton Hill will be gathering. This time we are gathering for “Prayer and Hair.” I have a close friend who is a hair dresser and is going with me to a friend’s home where we will all gather. Is that a fun girl day or what?! It will be a lot like the beauty shop scenes in Steel Magnolias without the gossip!

I hope each of you who read these writings each evening is blessed with a small group or at least one other person with whom you can share. Not just a shopping or eating friend or friends, but someone(s) with whom you can study the Word, lift up prayer requests, and share burdens and joys in total trust - a friend who will hold your heart in a place of safety. This group with whom I am a part has been together for two years. We are each other’s safe place. We are vastly different women with two primary commonalities - being educators and believers in Jesus Christ. We are in different places in our lives, different ages and varied interests and yet we help to complete each other. Within this group each of us is a sower and each of us is allowed to reap and receive the love of Christ from each other.

God desires for His children to work together for the good of each other. In this precious group no one is more important than the other. Each of us speaks as we choose and we listen to each other or we may not choose to speak at all. When there are times that one of us is in deep despair and cannot even pray then the rest of the group prays for them, lifting them to the feet of the Father. The relationship between the sower and reaper is a relationship built on trust. We also never know when God will use us to be a sower or when He will have harvest for us to reap.

God’s plan is to redeem the world back unto relationship with Himself and He has designed us to work together in order to accomplish this. Open yourself to opportunities to be a sower of God’s Word to someone who needs to hear it or see His Word in action through an act of grace.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Please begin lifting Bruce in your prayers. His surgery will be on next Tuesday the 19th. Thank you, mighty and faithful prayer warriors. Love you, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: