Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Friday!

Happy July! And happy beginning of the 4th of July holiday. I think I can hear the fireworks from the stadium already!

Just a couple of updates: We got a call from the surgeon today postponing Bruce’s surgery a week. It will be on the 19th, not on the 12th. Bruce has a major amount of dental work that must be done prior to surgery. The risk of infection is really high if the mouth is not in good shape. So on July 6, Bruce will be having extensive oral surgery. Please say a prayer. Under usual circumstances a patient with this type of oral surgery is a sedated procedure. Due to Bruce’s heart condition, sedation is not safe and so pain meds will be administered. Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Also, we are taking a long 4th of July weekend and going to San Antonio. We will leave in the morning and flying to San Antonio. We will return on Tuesday, July 5. It is sort of our blast before we begin Bruce’s journey to restored health. It is not my intention to take a computer so I don’t think I will be sending journal entries for the next few days. But you never know! We are looking forward to the time away and seeing Carme and Dave. Again, I ask your prayers for travel mercy.

Prayer: ”Father, as I begin a new day, Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14) Amen.

Proverbs 19: 9, 10 “If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether the fool rages or laughs, there is no peace…A fool vents all his feelings, but a wise man holds them back.”

Wisdom is most often knowing when to speak and when to remain silent. Did you ever have one of those moments when you have said, “Did I say that out loud?” Our silence we can keep to ourselves and be the master of our unspoken words, but once we have spoken we are slaves to those words that maybe should have remained unsaid. Proverbs 13:3 says, “he who guards his mouth, preserves his life, but he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction.”

Our words have an impact on those around us. When we allow wrong words or hurtful words to leave us they can cause great damage with what they say. Sometimes we don’t even realize our words are hurting someone else. Our words need to be seasoned with love, grace and truth. We seldom regret our silence so speak words with sweetness so that if we have to eat our words they will go down just a bit easier.

Take joy in the journey. Pray for our journey and we will pray for your joy over this holiday weekend. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. Tonight remember that wonderful saying, “God, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth!” Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: