Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Monday!

Did you have rolling blackouts today? We did! We experienced three of those little wonders. Two of them were almost back to back and just on and off. The third one happened as Geni and I were eating and we had no power for a while. It came back on about the time I was calling Oncor. It must have known!

Prayer: “Father, I ask in faith for You to pour Your wisdom into my life. I must have it as I begin this new week and this new day. Thank you for the gracious gift of your wisdom. You are such a great and generous Father. Amen.”

James 1: 5,6 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given unto him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.”

According to my meditation tonight if we are breathing and have a pulse then we are in need of wisdom. As many of you know, my children have tattoos. They are tasteful and placed discreetly where they can be covered easily with clothing or jewelry. Tonight I saw Travis’ latest addition and it simply said, “When there is discord in your life, praise the Lord.” I don’t think I could describe wisdom paired with faith any better than that.

Today we were thrown a couple of loops in our plans that caused some discord within our life. You know the old saying, “If you want to make God laugh make plans.” Well, today I had cause to look toward heaven and say out loud, “You are laughing, aren’t You?” But then, when I stopped and cleared my mind and began to pray, I remembered (or God reminded me) that God gives us what we need when we need it. I also had to remember that God’s timing is always perfect. Both of those statements rang completely true today and all of a sudden I found myself praising God and giving thanks for His love and care.

God’s wisdom is our first, best choice when life hands us a bag of lemons. At that point we need to make really good lemonade. Our life, spent lived in faith with God’s wisdom, is the life God desires for each of us. When we live in faith and ask for wisdom then there is no confusion. Wisdom is a gift from God’s very own heart. God loves us so much that He offers us this gift from His heart just by our asking. When we ask we are telling God that we must have His wisdom to make right choices. We are telling God that He has what we need and we claim His promise to deliver when we ask in our time of need. Please remember we must ask for this gift in faith without any doubt. We must believe that He is our Lord and the outpouring of His love in the gift of wisdom will be ours.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray, follow the advice of a very wise 20 year old remembering, “when there is discord in your life, praise the Lord.” Take care my friends and love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: