Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Thursday!

And happy last day of June. WOW! What a quick month.

Prayer: “Almighty God, I praise Your name. I praise Your greatness. Your name is great. Your power is great. Your ways are great. You are greatly to be praised! May your name be glorified through my life today. May your power be manifested in my life today. Amen”

Psalm 111: 10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding has all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.”

In my study of this passage of scripture I found out that this phrase “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.” was the motto used by the teachers of wisdom in Israel. To try and understand this verse we need to re-think the word fear. In this verse fear doesn’t mean being scared or frightened. As a child I never understood why I would fear a God who loved me so much. Fear, in this case, means being reverent, with deep respect and a great desire to please. This is the kind of fear we would like for our children to have for us. This fear is our belief in that God is our Creator, Lord, Master and Father. A way to describe this fear is a way of “loving God on our knees.”

When we fear God with reverence and deep respect we gain confidence. Proverbs 14:26 says, “In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence…” When we learn to fear God in this way then we need not fear anything else. Fearing God brings our lives to fullness and we are able to receive God’s favor and blessings. Fearing the Lord loads us with blessings overflowing. As we kneel in fear of the Lord our God we must do so humbly kneeling in the full knowledge that we need His grace and will continue to walk with our God when we rise.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you pray go before God with an attitude of gratitude and a humble heart. Love you all. Stay cool, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: