Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

Prayer: “God, thank You for a new day. Thank you for making me healthy and strong enough to be part of this new day. May I be mindful of the value and blessings of Your wisdom in my life. Help me to walk in Your ways today. Give me understanding and guide me so I will be pleasing in Your sight. I pray in Jesus’ holy name. Amen”

Proverbs 4: 7-9 “Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom. And in all you get, get understanding. Exalt her, and she will promote you; she will bring you honor, when you embrace her. She will place on your head an ornament of grace; a crown of glory she will deliver you.”

It seems I am on a journey to gain wisdom. In the past few months I have read many passages about wisdom and written a reflection. Perhaps as I am looking forward to completing school and becoming ordained God is trying to share His wisdom with me or at least let me know how important His wisdom is in leading a godly life. I have learned that that there is no substitute for God’s wisdom. My meditation says that we should begin each day asking God for wisdom. James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.”

There are times in our lives when we must make really difficult decisions. When given choices to make and we are confused, that is from Satan. When we are under conviction, the conviction is from God. Seeking His wisdom in our decisions is an obedient and humble thing to do. When we ask for God’s wisdom we are giving Him lordship of our lives and desiring a deeper relationship with Him in trust. In asking for wisdom we gain understanding from our Lord and walk in His ways.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When we pray let us confess the sin of self reliance and humbly ask God for His wisdom trusting that His word is true for scripture tells us that he will not just give us wisdom, but will give it liberally to all who ask. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: