Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Tuesday!

Prayer: “Father, may I never forget my great need to receive direction and instruction from You every day. I need the wisdom of Your Word. I pray in the precious name of Jesus, my Lord and Savior. Amen.”

Proverbs 4: 5, 6 “Get wisdom! Get understanding! Do not forget, nor turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her, and she will preserve you; love her, and she will keep you.”

Solomon was the son of King David. David passed down his wisdom to Solomon. The best piece of wisdom David passed down was his knowledge of God. David could have taught Solomon about the art of war or the skills of being a statesman, but instead he taught Solomon to love God and trust in Him.

As I think of my own upbringing and the amazing parents who loved and raised me, I remember probably the wisest words that were ever spoken to me from my dad. He told me, “Gaylene, the two best things you will ever do for your children are to love their daddy and to make them mind.” I have never forgotten those words and I have tried to follow those words of advice for the last thirty years.

It is my hope as our children are grown and married that they, too, will follow the wisdom of their granddad. I pray that they have seen that wisdom modeled throughout their life. And I also pray that they have seen the unconditional love of God in their own lives and will pass it on to their children some day.

As Christians, whether we are parents or not it is our responsibility to teach others by leading a godly life. It does not matter whether we have children, other family members, friends or co-workers, we are all called to lovingly and humbly share God’s wisdom with all those with whom we come into contact.

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. In your prayers tonight let us remember how much our heavenly Father loves us. He will give us the wisdom we need just for the asking. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: