Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Thursday!

Okay I have discovered something new about this whole retirement business. I have led such a scheduled life for the past thirty years and all of a sudden (for a few months at least) my time is my own. I have been waking up in the morning not remembering what day of the week it is. It is sort of like each day is Friday or Saturday. Things that I would have always scheduled for the weekend I no longer have to save for those days. Things I would usually schedule for after 3:30 or 4:00 PM I can schedule at my leisure. It is a bit of a weird feeling.

Prayer: “Lord, I am grateful for this new day. As I walk in it, I pray for Your wisdom and understanding. Help me to be kind to others and to serve as a clear witness for You today. Help me to remember that every person’s greatest need is to receive more of You. May my words and actions point others to the lovely Lord Jesus ! Amen.”

Proverbs 9: 10, 11 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. For by me your days will be multiplied, and years of life will be added to you.”

Through the Proverbs Solomon reveals to us the wisdom of God with the promises of our years being increased and our days being multiplied. In these verses we learn of the components of long life, wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

According to Solomon wisdom begins with a fear of the Lord. Wisdom of God and consecration to Him leads to a life spent with the Father. Being committed to Jesus and His teachings leads us to happier lives based on the understanding of God’s holiness. Since Jesus is God revealed to us then through Jesus’ teachings we learn holiness. When we understand God’s call to holiness and put our faith and trust in Jesus then we have a personal relationship with the Holy One. In this personal relationship we learn to trust Him, obey Him, and become more like Him in holiness and wisdom.

So my friends let us pursue lives in faithfulness to God. Praising Him for sharing His wisdom and blessing us by His grace as we live according to it!

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When we pray tonight let us remember that God loves us so much that He wants to give us all of His gifts especially His wisdom. His wisdom is our just for the asking. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: