Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blessed Sunday and Happy Day of Pentecost!

MAVS WIN! MAVS WIN!

Jeremiah 26: 13 “Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God.”

Today I preached in the churches at Rocket and Palmer, Texas. I preached on the Day of Pentecost; the birthday of the church. I also made a discovery. I read the gospel of John today. John 20:19-23 says that Jesus blew His breath on the disciples and sent them out. Jesus sent the disciples out to spread the gospel to places who had not as yet heard the message of Jesus. Then I read Acts 2:1-21. This passage lists all of the countries represented in the gathering that day. I wondered how all of those people had heard of the story of Jesus. I think that event is directly tied to Jesus sending out of the disciples on the day of the Ascension.

The disciples had been trained for three years for this moment. They were secure and steadfast. They had learned from the Master how to share the gospel. This level of skill had not come just by wishing it. It was built stone by stone with the firm foundation by the acts of obedience and daily following the will of the Father. Now they are ready to go out and share the message of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus. They are ready to obediently follow the Great Commission by preaching, teaching, baptizing and healing in Jesus’ name. The truest expression of a disciple’s faith and worship is in their obedience.

So here is the question…Is our training complete? Have we lived in the Father’s will by the example of Jesus each day? Are we obedient in sharing the gospel with others in action or in word? Jesus blew His very breath out on the disciples and sent them out. God sent His Holy Spirit down on the gathering on the Day of Pentecost. When we enter into a relationship with Jesus we receive the Holy Spirit. God placed His very essence into each of us. Are we sharing the gospel as he asked the disciples? When was the last time we shared of the wonderful things God has done for us? Just asking…

Take joy in the journey. Wear comfortable shoes. Count your blessings and say your prayers. When you say your prayers tonight give thanks for God’s presence through the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives and ask for opportunities to share with others the wonderful things God has done for us. Love you all, Bruce, Gaylene, Geni and Travis.

Gcapplenotes@aol.com

I am not moved by what I see. I am not moved by what I feel. I am moved only by what I believe and I believe God.

No comments: